St. Joseph of Glastonbury Church

1309 West Lydia, Wichita, Kansas 67213

St. Joseph of GlastonburyHistory

In 1981, three individuals interested in establishing an Anglican Catholic Church met in Wichita. For some time, services were held in homes and offices, and in 1987 the first Mass was held in a rented chapel. The parish continued to meet there for eighteen years, and then in another location for three more years.

Among the early members of the parish were Billy Nalle, Eugene and Donna Beaver, and Lauren and Dorothy Bigelow. Vickie Scraper was the Senior Warden, and Dorothy Bigelow was organist for the parish.

In March of 1992, Bishop James R. McNeley made his first official visitation to St. Joseph’s and celebrated the Mass. Fr. William Beaver, also an early member of the congregation, was ordained to the diaconate in 1994, and to the priesthood in November of 1998; Arnie Wood was ordained to the diaconate in September of 2007. In June, 2008, the parish was pleased to host the Diocesan Synod, during which Bp. Leo Michael was enthroned as our Bishop Ordinary, upon the retirement of Bp. McNeley. ... By the grace of God, attendance is growing. Currently we’re using a video Bible study for our adults, and Sunday school is held for our youth.

Location & Mailing
1309 West Lydia,
Wichita, Kansas 67213

Services
9:30am Morning Prayer & Holy Mass
12:00pm Santa Misa

Clergy

The Ven. Julio Jimenez - Archdeacon in Charge
Email:StJoseph@HolyCatholicAnglican.org
Phone: (316) 250-9820 Fr. William Beaver (Retired)

www.anglican1928.org